We stand with Black Lives Matter. Currently, millions of voices within the United States and abroad are banning together to challenge the systemic racism that has pained this nation for far too long. Following the recent deaths of members of the black community, including George Floyd on May 25, Breonna Taylor on March 13, and countless before them, these voices are standing together to say, Enough is Enough.
At HelloBody, we preach that #skinisskin and celebrate all bodies daily. We consider diversity and inclusion to be among the cornerstones of our brand outlook. Profound beauty lies in authenticity; and we look forward to a day where all bodies may be celebrated equally. We reject a system that systemically values one life over another, particularly on the basis of skin color.
Our hearts hurt as we see the injustices experienced by communities of color on a daily basis. To do our part, $2 from every order will be going to support the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) as they work to bring about a better tomorrow.
We are here. And we are listening.
To everyone participating in this effort: Please continue to be loud. Be heard. And above all, be safe.
How can you help?
Here are some action items that you can take right now to help push back against systemic racism and to hold parties accountable for their actions:
- Sign the petition to have the officers involved in George Floyd’s death held accountable for their actions.
- Sign the petition to have the officers involved in Breonna Taylor’s death held accountable for their actions. Let’s not let female victims be forgotten in this conversation.
- If you have the resources, donate directly to the NAACP, to Black Lives Matter, or any of a number of incredibly active organizations as they continue the fight against systemic racial injustices.
- If you do not have the resources, you can still contribute by viewing (or playing and muting) this Youtube video without skipping the ads. 100% of advertising revenue this video generates are going to support associations that offer protester bail funds, help pay for family funerals, and BLM advocacy.
- Follow BLM (@blklivesmatter) and other relevant organizations on social media to stay up to date with latest news and action items you can complete to help.
This is a movement for human rights.
We stand with Black Lives Matter.